Starting Memorial Day: Summer worship schedule
Covenant will hold a unified worship service at 11 a.m. in the Sanctuary on Sunday, May 26 as part of Memorial Day Weekend. On this day, Chapel and Fellowship Hall worship will pause for the summer. Join us for contemporary worship at 9:30 a.m. and traditional worship at 11 a.m.
Summer sermon series: What's on your mind?
This summer, Covenant offers a unique sermon series driven by you. Pose a question on a theological issue weighing on your mind.
Senior Minister Bob Henderson and Covenant’s pastoral staff will select a query each week and explore possible answers.Funny, serious, cultural, scientific...no topic is off limits. We respect your confidentiality.
Summer Sunday School: Faith + Career
At Covenant, we don't believe that faith is simply something that we do on Sunday morning. Instead, it permeates our identity and belief system. And it influences the work that we do in our professional lives.
This summer, a panel discussion series features Covenant folks sharing how their work and faith intersect. Hear from leaders and innovators in the fields of medicine, engineering, law, politics and more. Join us Sundays at 9:30 a.m. beginning June 2 in Fellowship Hall 207. (On June 9, we'lll be in FH203 to accommodate Senior Sunday breakfast).
- Sunday, June 2: Learn about the faith of those who teach. Our panel of educators includes Chris Calloway (Covenant’s new CDC Director); Michelle Richards; Kristen Horner and Carla Haughton. Damon Nelson will facilitate.
Covenant Kids Summer Sunday School
Our summer schedule begins May 26 and runs through Sept. 8. What this means for children:
Fifth Graders (rising six graders) may attend the Youth Sunday School class in The Landing (formerly “the Hole”) on the floor below the Fellowship Hall.
Elementary students (grades K-5) can attend 9:30 worship with their families. Sign in with the designated shepherd (holding a shepherd's hook) in the Narthex. Following the children's message, the shepherd will lead elementary students to the Chapel for a lesson. Parent pick-up is in the Chapel.
Needed: 1 shepherd and 1 teacher each Sunday (a commitment of 30 to 40 minutes).
Early Childhood – Child care will be offered in the Parlor at 9:30 and 11 a.m. Volunteers are needed to provide Story & Singing time for about 15 minutes. Contact Anne Lowrance to sign up.
Please note: For child protection, parents, not siblings, are responsible for drop off and pick up of children from child care and Sunday School.
Summer Choir begins June 16 and runs until Sept. 1. Rehearsal is at 10 a.m. in the Peek Music Room (located downstairs in Sanctuary building at the church office entrance). Everyone is invited for any and every Sunday. Come every week or drop in occasionally—you are always welcome.
- June 9: Music Outreach Day—We will make a road trip to First Presbyterian Church, Hamlet NC, to lead and share in worship. If you love to sing, this day is a special opportunity for you to use your gifts in service and worship. The preparation time will be minimal and multiple ages are welcome. Bring your whole family! For more information, contact Heather Potter.
- June 23: Staff Day—All present and past staff members are encouraged to join us.
- July 28: College and Young Adult Day—College students and young adults are welcome all summer, and especially on this day. We hope you’ll bring your friends and sing together
- August 4: Covenant Choir Alumni Day—Calling all former Covenant Choir singers. Sing all summer if you’re able, but make a special effort to be here on this day to sing with your colleagues.