See our summer worship schedule
Summer worship schedule
Covenant will hold two distinct worship services during the summer months. Join us in the Sanctuary for contemporary worship at 9:30 a.m. and traditional worship at 11 a.m.
Summer Sermon Series
A series called "Faith &" from June 16 to Aug. 18 will help us to understand faith in the context of any prevelant aspects of life, including fatherhood, finances, the environment, patriotism, the afterlife, end times, perseverance, vulnerability and identity.
Summer Sunday School: Faith + Career
At Covenant, we don't believe that faith is simply something that we do on Sunday morning. Instead, it permeates our identity and belief system. And it influences the work that we do in our professional lives.
This summer, a panel discussion series features Covenant folks sharing how their work and faith intersect. Hear from leaders and innovators in the fields of medicine, engineering, law, politics and more. Join us Sundays at 9:30 a.m. in Fellowship Hall Main.
- Sunday, Aug. 4: STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) are historically dominated by men. But guess what? That's beginning to change. Get proof as we hear from Covenant's own Katie Cornwell, Kate Bothe and Meredith Werley in a conversation led by Mary Parrish Coley.
- Sunday, Aug. 11: Hear from Covenant staff members who work behind the scenes to keep the church running smoothly. We’ll learn how they feel called to serve God through this work.
Covenant Kids Summer Sunday School
Our summer schedule runs through Sept. 8. Room assignments have changed due to Education Wing renovations. What this means for children:
- Childcare is available in the Parlor for infants-Kindergarten.
- Elementary-age students will go to 9:30 a.m. worship, then depart for the Chapel for a lesson following the time with children. Parent pick-up is in the Chapel.
- Middle and high school students will meet in The Landing (bottom floor of Fellowship Hall) from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Fifth grade students are invited to join us.
- Parents, not siblings, are responsible for drop-off and pick-up of children from child care and Sunday School.
- We need volunteers! Please click here to sign up.
Summer Choir begins June 16 and runs until Sept. 1. Rehearsal is at 10 a.m. in the Peek Music Room (located downstairs in Sanctuary building at the church office entrance). Everyone is invited for any and every Sunday. Come every week or drop in occasionally—you are always welcome.
- June 23: Staff Day—All present and past staff members are encouraged to join us.
- July 28: College and Young Adult Day—College students and young adults are welcome all summer, and especially on this day. We hope you’ll bring your friends and sing together
- August 4: Covenant Choir Alumni Day—Calling all former Covenant Choir singers. Sing all summer if you’re able, but make a special effort to be here on this day to sing with your colleagues.
Young Adults plan busy season
In the past year, we have welcomed new people, started new educational offerings, offered more opportunities for service and hosted great events. Here’s what is ahead:
• Fall kickoff celebration: Hear about exciting things in store for the fall during a celebration at VBGB, where we will have great food, drinks, games and fellowship on Sunday, Aug. 18 from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m.