Open Table @ Covenant - Wednesday Nights
Click here to make a standing or one-time reservation.
Dinner includes hot entree, side, full salad bar, drink and dessert served from 5 to 6:30 p.m. Adults, $8; kids, $5; household maximum, $28.
Menu for Wednesday, Jan. 22
Meat Lasagna, Cheese Lasagna, Garlic Bread, Tiramisu
New series starts Wednesday, Jan. 15
Take a closer look at the subtle and not-so-subtle ways that racism is embedded in our classrooms, housing patterns and criminal justice system in a five-week series starting this week. We’ll welcome guest experts to speak on these topics:
- Week One: Why Christians are called to respond; Rev. Jan Edmiston of the Charlotte Presbytery
- Week Two: Disparities in education; James Ford, former NC Teacher of the Year
- Week Three: Disparities in housing; Greg Jarrell of QC Family Tree
- Week Four: Disparities in criminal justice; Erik Ortega, activist for the formerly incarcerated
- Week Five: Making it personal; Karen Geiger, leadership development expert
Open Table schedule at a glance
Jan. 15 to Feb. 12: Five-week series on race
Feb. 19: Chili cook-off for all ages
Feb. 26: Ash Wednesday at 7 p.m. (no children's programming)
March 4 to April 4: Five-week Lenten series
April 8: No Open Table during Holy Week
April 15: No Open Table during CMS spring
April 22: Children's music sharing service
Children and youth on Wednesday nights
- Childcare for infants-K is available from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Young Scholars, a children's Bible study, meets from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Music & Movement: Ages 4-5 are invited for a Bible story with music at 6:30 p.m. Drop-off in Rec Wing kitchen area.
- Middle and high school youth will meet on the Ed Wing third floor for small groups led by Perrin Tribble and Martin Pruitt.
Music on Wednesday nights
Angelus and Chorister Choirs
Weekly rehearsals are from 5:45 to 6:30, Angelus EW201/Chorister EW315. New this year: Angelus Choir is for singers in grades K-1. Chorister Choir is for singers in grades 2-5.
Weekly rehearsals are from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Come sing with us! Bring the skills you have and learn as you go. Join us for the full year or choose a project that interests you and commit to a short-term preparation.
- Aug. 21-Sept. 29: 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., J.S. Bach’s Cantata 37 to sing in worship on Sept. 29
- Oct. 2-Nov. 3: 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Duruflé’s Requiem to sing in worship on Nov. 3
- Nov. 6-Dec. 11: 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., preparation for Lessons and Carols, presented Dec. 15