Open Table @ Covenant - Wednesday Nights
Click here to make a standing or one-time reservation.
Dinner includes hot entree, side, full salad bar, drink and dessert served from 5 to 6:30 p.m. Adults, $8; kids, $5; household maximum, $28.
Menu for Wednesday, February 19 - Chili Cook-Off
House Chili - Beef and White Chili
Ice Cream Sundae Bar
Talk by Hannah Hasan, creator of Muddy Turtle Talks
Wednesday, Feb. 19
The Enderly Park neighborhood in West Charlotte is just three miles from center city, making it a target for developers. However, talks of gentrification and displacement can overshadow the everyday stories of its residents. Writer and spoken word poet Hannah Hasan wants to change that. Hear a talk by Hannah at 6:30 p.m.
On this same evening, Covenant will host a chili-cook off. Enjoy our house chili or bring your own to compete in a special contest. Click here to sign up for cook-off. Dinner is available from 5 to 6:30 p.m.
Open Table schedule at a glance
Jan. 15 to Feb. 12: Five-week series on race
Feb. 19: Chili cook-off for all ages
Feb. 26: Ash Wednesday at 7 p.m. (no children's programming)
March 4 to April 4: Five-week Lenten series
April 8: No Open Table during Holy Week
April 15: No Open Table during CMS spring
April 22: Children's music sharing service
Children and youth on Wednesday nights
- Childcare for infants-K is available from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Young Scholars, a children's Bible study, meets from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Pick up and drop off for Young Scholars is in the Welcome Center.
- Music & Movement: Ages 4-5 are invited for a Bible story with music at 6:30 p.m. Pick up and drop off is in the Welcome Center.
- Middle and high school youth will meet on the Ed Wing third floor for small groups led by Perrin Tribble and Martin Pruitt.
Music on Wednesday nights
Angelus and Chorister Choirs
Weekly rehearsals are from 5:45 to 6:30, Angelus EW201/Chorister EW315. New this year: Angelus Choir is for singers in grades K-1. Chorister Choir is for singers in grades 2-5. Pick up and drop off is in the Welcome Center.
Weekly rehearsals are from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Come sing with us! Bring the skills you have and learn as you go. Join us for the full year or choose a project that interests you and commit to a short-term preparation.
- Aug. 21-Sept. 29: 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., J.S. Bach’s Cantata 37 to sing in worship on Sept. 29
- Oct. 2-Nov. 3: 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Duruflé’s Requiem to sing in worship on Nov. 3
- Nov. 6-Dec. 11: 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., preparation for Lessons and Carols, presented Dec. 15