Open Table @ Covenant - Wednesday Nights
Click here to make a standing or one-time reservation.
Dinner includes hot entree, side, full salad bar, drink and dessert served from 5 to 6:30 p.m. Adults, $8; kids, $5; household maximum, $28.
Dinner Menu for October 23:
Fried chicken, mac n' cheese, fried okra, rolls, banana pudding
Hope is What They Do
Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. on Oct. 16, 23, 30
Learn about our peace-building work in a series offered in partnership with First Presbyterian Church. Bright Stars of Bethlehem educates the next generation of creative leaders in Palestine through health, cultural and spiritual development.
- Oct. 16 – Bob Henderson and other recent Holy Land visitors will reflect on their experiences.
- Oct. 23 – Hear the latest news and analysis on the Holy Land from Rev. Ron Shive of First Presbyterian Church in Burlington (a Bright Stars board member) and Nathan Stock, a scholar at the Middle East Institute, formerly of the Carter Center.
- Oct. 30 – Enjoy a festive dinner catered by a local Palestinian restaurant and a short film produced by students at Dar al-Kalima University in Bethlehem.
Children and youth on Wednesday nights
- Childcare for infants-K is available from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Young Scholars, a children's Bible study, meets from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Music & Movement: Ages 4-5 are invited for a Bible story with music at 6:30 p.m. Drop-off in Rec Wing kitchen area.
- Middle and high school youth will meet on the Ed Wing third floor for small groups led by Perrin Tribble and Martin Pruitt.
Music on Wednesday nights
Angelus and Chorister Choirs
Weekly rehearsals are from 5:45 to 6:30, Angelus EW201/Chorister EW315. New this year: Angelus Choir is for singers in grades K-1. Chorister Choir is for singers in grades 2-5.
Weekly rehearsals are from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Come sing with us! Bring the skills you have and learn as you go. Join us for the full year or choose a project that interests you and commit to a short-term preparation.
- Aug. 21-Sept. 29: 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., J.S. Bach’s Cantata 37 to sing in worship on Sept. 29
- Oct. 2-Nov. 3: 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Duruflé’s Requiem to sing in worship on Nov. 3
- Nov. 6-Dec. 11: 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., preparation for Lessons and Carols, presented Dec. 15