Open Table @ Covenant - Wednesday Nights
Click here to make a standing or one-time reservation.
Dinner includes hot entree, side, full salad bar, drink and dessert served from 5 to 6:30 p.m. Adults, $8; kids, $5; household maximum, $28.
Dinner Menu for Dec. 11:
Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Chicken & Cheese Quesadillas
Peach Cobbler with Ice cream
Service of healing and wholeness
Wednesday, Dec. 11 at 7 p.m. in Chapel
In the midst of holiday celebrations, many of us find ourselves struggling with the hard realities of life -- grief and loss, illness and unfulfilled dreams. Join us for a candlelight service with scripture, prayers, music and reflection intended to bring comfort and re-center our focus on God’s presence in the midst of our challenges.
Christmas Caroling with Covenant friends
Wednesday, Dec. 11 beginning at 5 p.m.
Join us to sing carols to our Covenant neighbors. All ages are invited for favorites including: Hark! The Herald Angels Sing, The First Nowell and Silent Night.
- 5 p.m. - Soup and sandwiches in the Fellowship Hall
- 5:45 p.m. – Practice singing our carols
- 6 p.m. – Depart on foot to visit homes of our neighbors (They're expecting us). We'll carry song booklets. Bring a flashlight!
- 7 p.m. – Return to church for cookies and hot chocolate
Children and youth on Wednesday nights
- Childcare for infants-K is available from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Young Scholars, a children's Bible study, meets from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Music & Movement: Ages 4-5 are invited for a Bible story with music at 6:30 p.m. Drop-off in Rec Wing kitchen area.
- Middle and high school youth will meet on the Ed Wing third floor for small groups led by Perrin Tribble and Martin Pruitt.
Music on Wednesday nights
Angelus and Chorister Choirs
Weekly rehearsals are from 5:45 to 6:30, Angelus EW201/Chorister EW315. New this year: Angelus Choir is for singers in grades K-1. Chorister Choir is for singers in grades 2-5.
Weekly rehearsals are from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Come sing with us! Bring the skills you have and learn as you go. Join us for the full year or choose a project that interests you and commit to a short-term preparation.
- Aug. 21-Sept. 29: 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., J.S. Bach’s Cantata 37 to sing in worship on Sept. 29
- Oct. 2-Nov. 3: 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Duruflé’s Requiem to sing in worship on Nov. 3
- Nov. 6-Dec. 11: 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., preparation for Lessons and Carols, presented Dec. 15