Open Table @ Covenant - Wednesday Nights
Click here to make a standing or one-time reservation.
Dinner includes hot entree, side, full salad bar, drink and dessert served from 5 to 6:30 p.m. Adults, $7; kids, $5; household maximum, $25.
Feb. 13 dinner: Breakfast for dinner - Eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, French toast, pastries
Open Table in February
Make or Break: Resolutions for a healthy new year
Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. beginning Jan. 16. See the full series here.
A stronger mind-body-spirit connection can boost your well-being and joy. Find out how! This seven-week series is presented by the Health and Wellness Committee and Rec Wing. Here's a look at the first three sessions.
- Feb 6 – Covenant member John Ramsey shares “Getting Serious About Humor,” a look at how humor can improve your health. Rec Wing.
- Feb. 13 – Karen Rubin on QiGong and the power of healing energy
- Feb. 20 – Sgt. Roy Lewis on his philosophy of fitness
- Feb. 27 – Suzi Rosen on how to improve strength and flexibility
Seek the Welfare of the City
Wednesdays, 6:30 p.m., Feb. 6 - 27
Fellowship Hall 207
- Kickoff Night, Feb. 6 – Helms and Greg Jarrell of QC Family Tree lead Abundance Lab Live!, an interactive session about creating a culture of neighborliness in a city of diverse people and places. Looking ahead:
- Feb. 13 – Dale Mullenix of Urban Ministry Center interviewed by Bob Henderson
- Feb. 20 – Laura Belcher of Habitat Charlotte interviewed by Julia Watkins
- Feb. 27 – Jimmy McQuilkin of Urban Promise interviewed by Lucy Crain
Make music with the Covenant Choir
Join us for rehearsals Wednesdays from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in the Peek Music Room, located downstairs in the Sanctuary building. Attend the full rehearsal to prepare for worship each Sunday, or come from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. to prepare for occasions such as Lessons & Carols. Child care is available from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Contact Heather Potter at Heather.Potter@covenantpresby.org.
Children’s Choirs (Grades K-5)
Rehearsals are 5:45 to 6:30 p.m., in EW201 (Angelus Choir, K-2nd grade) and EW315 (Choristers Choir, 3rd to 5th grade).
Young Scholars, 6:30 p.m.
An elementary children’s Bible study meets in Ed Wing 218.
Music & Movement, 6:30 p.m.
Children ages 4-5 are invited for a high-energy Bible story with music led by Heather Potter.
Youth Groups (Grades 6-12), 6:30 p.m.
Open Gym hosted by Perrin Tribble. Faith and Fellowship discussion hosted by Levi Bannerman in Ed Wing 318.