Covenant Running Club invites you this fall
Let me begin by saying a big “thank you!” for your interest in Covenant’s new running club! We hope that this club will prove to be a supportive and fun community where participants can grow in their faith, fitness, and friendships!
The writer of the Biblical letter to the Hebrews likens the journey of faith to a running race, and says that we are to “run with endurance the race that is set before us” (Heb. 12:1). Our club aims to foster that endurance: in both the physical and spiritual sense! The Running Club strives to be a place where you will be challenged – but also supported and loved! Simultaneously, we’ll aim to be a place where our community of faith is strengthened.
This is a new club, so it’s likely to evolve in terms of how it functions. However, to get things started here is our initial plan:
We will be offering two sessions per week – one in the evening, and the other in the morning. You are welcome to come to one or both!
- Tuesday mornings at 06:15 AM (for our early risers and those who need to get to work/school!)
- Thursday evenings at 6:45 PM
We will meet in front of the sanctuary (at the circle). Our first meeting will take place on Thursday, September 6. Mark your calendars!
How it Works:
Each meeting will begin with a short devotional and prayer, followed by a brief time of warm up, stretching, and a route overview. Once that is completed, we’ll organize run groups and run! All runs will start and end at the church. Once everyone has returned, we’ll join in a closing prayer.
Attendees are invited to join in a time of fellowship at the Dilworth Neighborhood Grille (across from the church) following the Thursday evening runs.
To start off, we will offer two distance options: an (approx.) 3 mile route and a 2 mile route. After our first few meetings we will get a sense of whether more of less distance is best!
All ability levels are welcome, and we will make sure that nobody is left behind! We’re a deliberately encouraging community! It doesn’t matter if you’re brand new to running or a seasoned marathoner – you’re welcome here!
- If you have young children, you are absolutely welcome to bring jogging strollers!
- Please bring everything you need with you (water bottles, etc.).
- No RSVP is required – you’re welcome to show up to any session, or to skip any session depending on your schedule! Come when you can.
- The Club is free. However, there may be optional opportunities which carry a cost (such as the fellowship time after the evening runs, club T-shirts, or race registration if we decide to field a team in a local race).
- Guests are always welcome! We are open to Covenant members and visitors alike! You’re very welcome to bring friends and neighbors.
- As a new club, we’re open to change: please continue to provide feedback once we get started.
- Please feel free to forward this email to anyone whom you think might be interested.
I’m looking forward to running with you! Should you have any questions, let me know!