Coming in September: Making Sense of Middle School
Please RSVP to Susan Ferone, Covenant's care coordinator. Reach Susan at 704-804-7585.
Middle school can be a challenging time - for young people and parents alike. Whether your child is already there or about to start, equip yourself for the road ahead. Sessions are free and open to all parents/guardians.
- Sunday, Sept. 16: Michelle Icard, author of Middle School Makeover, will give a talk on "Making Sense of Middle School." Are you searching for simple explanations for all the complicated factors that go into making early adolescence one of the most awkward, exciting, frustrating and important times of life? This talk is for you.
- Sunday, Sept. 23: Gain insights on the middle school experience and hear about books that will add to your parent tool kit. A talk will feature Bob Folk, principal at Alexander Graham Middle School, and Susan Billmire, school counselor at AG.
- Sunday, Sept. 30: Panel discussion with Middle School Director Perrin Tribble; Susan Billmire; Alan Becker, a Covenant parent and teacher at Charlotte Latin; and Covenant high school students and parents.
- All sessions are 5:30 to 7 p.m. in Fellowship Hall 207 A&B. Greeters will be on hand to direct you to the right place.
- Students are invited to attend Sunday Night Middle School Youth Fellowship during this time. Contact Perrin Tribble, MSY Youth Director, to learn more about our programs.