Available: Summer internship in Christian Discipleship
Covenant Presbyterian Church seeks a summer intern who wishes to learn about and engage in the ministry of Christian discipleship in the context of a large, urban Presbyterian congregation.
Covenant is a dynamic Christian community that gladly invites all people into a transformational experience of faith; boldly proclaims the gospel, bravely works toward a whole and just world and passionately nurtures discipleship.
The summer intern for Christian discipleship will enjoy a broad range of experiences in ministry, and should be committed to growing in a life of Christian faith and interested in exploring how to help children, youth, and adults grow in their journeys of faith, as well.
- Begin the summer internship on June 2, conclude the summer internship no earlier than August 11, and participate fully in the internship schedule as outlined below, which includes opportunities to engage with children, youth, and their families in mission and outreach, spiritual retreat, weekly worship and Christian education.
- Be an ambassador of Covenant both among its members and in the greater world, seeking to follow in the way of Christ and demonstrate love, kindness, generosity, and care to all.
- Complete one self-directed summer project to be determined in conversation with the Associate Minister of Christian Education, and share the project’s content or outcome to the broader Covenant community.
- Meet regularly with the Associate Minister of Christian Education to reflect on ministry experiences, assess progress on the summer-long project, and seek assistance or resources as needed.
June 2 – First day at Covenant
June 2 – 21 – Work at Covenant in Charlotte
June 23 – June 29 – HSY Mission Trip to Washington, D.C.
July 7 – July 10 – HSY Conference – Montreat, N.C.
July 11 - 14 – MSY Conference - Massanetta Springs, V.A.
July 17 – August 11 – Work at Covenant in Charlotte
August 11 – Last Sunday at Covenant
While At Covenant – Worship, Service, Teaching, Curriculum development, and Relational Ministry with children, youth, and their families (Working Sundays – Thursdays).
Internship Compensation and Benefits
- $3,000 stipend, paid in three equal payments throughout the summer.
- Access to the Covenant Rec Wing (fitness center, basketball court, etc.)
- Travel and food costs associated with mission trips and retreats.
- Books and other resources needed for weekly reflection and summer-long project.
Interested applicants should e-mail a letter of interest and a cover letter to Jessica Patchett, associate minister of Christian education, at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 21, 2019.