A look at February small groups, studies
Newcomers are welcome! For more information and/or to be connected with any group’s leader, contact Sally Jackson in the Education Wing.
Walk a Mile of Faith in My Shoes
A talk with Covenant widows, widowers
On the first Sunday of each month, we hear from those within our community whose faith journeys have been shaped by unique – and often challenging - life experiences. The First
Sunday Talks series is open to all and meets next at 9:30 a.m. on Feb. 3 in FH207. Our February session will feature speakers who have experienced the loss of a spouse. Our panel will feature John
Downs, Kandy Cosper, Merritt Hazzard and Kim Matthews.
New series with Uptown Bible Study
Thursdays, noon to 1 p.m.
Jump in for four weeks with Jessica Patchett, Ben Mallicote, Ian Clark and a host of curious Covenant friends for a short-term study we’re calling “From ‘Paul’ with Love: 4 Love Letters to People who Love God”. We meet from noon to 1 p.m. at the Foundation for the Carolinas and offer the same study on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We’ll kick things off Feb. 5 and 7.
- Week 1 – from 1 Corinthians, Love is patient, love is kind. (I Corinthians 13.4-8)
- Week 2 – from Ephesians, Walk in love. (Ephesians 5.1-20)
- Week 3 – from Galatians, The fruit of the Spirit is love. (Galatians 5.16-26)
- Week 4 – from Romans, Let love be genuine. (Romans 12.9-21)
New series with Tuesday Lunch Group
12:30 p.m. in Fellowship Hall Library
Join Henry Trexler and Kelly Zellars on Feb. 5 to begin a 9-week study on the Parables using The Short Stories of Jesus by Amy-Jill Levine. With humor and wit, Levine demonstrates how
generations of Christians have 'domesticated' the parables. She invites us to read them anew through the lens of those who first heard Jesus' stories.
Fellowship Class welcomes new folks
Sundays at 9:30 a.m. in FH203
This Sunday School class is hosting a series on New Year's Resolutions: Helps from The Sermon on the Mount in the Gospel of Matthew.
- Feb. 10: Grady Moseley on "Pray Every Day."
- Feb. 17: Martha Isaacs on "The Purpose of Jesus' Parables."
- Feb. 24: Andy Ball on the "The Properties of Jesus' Parables."