BASE and QUEST (grades 6-8)
The Church serves as a safe landing place for middle schoolers when so much is changing and happening around them. It cannot be overemphasized how important it is to have a faithful community, especially during middle school years.
I'm so excited to meet everyone and get to know all about you, your passions, your fears, what you love, what you hate, etc. I'm a recent graduate of Queens University of Charlotte, where I received my degree in political science (don't worry, though, we don't have to talk about politics). I'm a triplet and a public servant by design, so I'm most comfortable in a community - and I'm looking forward to building ours together.
I also love learning about other faiths, other cultures, other countries, and just generally about the unfamiliar; so if you ever have questions, I'd love to explore the answer with you!
Interim MSY Director
Sunday School, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.
Base Sunday School kicks off 2020 with a new curriculum examining how faith fits into our list of resolutions. Quest Sunday School will continue Big God, Big Questions, learning about the church's teachings, creeds and discipleship.
- 6th and 7th graders, Ed Wing 318
- 8th grade Quest, Ed Wing 312
- Youth Singers rehearse from 10:30 to 10:50 a.m. in EW 315.
Sundays - Youth Fellowship at 5:30 p.m.
Dinner in the Fellowship Hall is followed by activities such as making sandwiches for Urban Ministry Center.
Wednesdays – Open Table, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Middle School: Girls Group and Guys Group. We'll check in with one another, hear the message for the night and break into small groups. Most nights end with time in the Gym.
Save the dates for 2020 retreats
- Middle School Youth Retreat is Feb. 7 to Feb. 9 at Bonclarken Conference Center in Flat Rock.
- Quest & High School Beach Retreat is March 27 to March 29