Need funding for a worthy cause? Apply for a grant from Covenant
Soon the Grants Committee at Covenant Presbyterian Church will begin reviewing grant requests for calendar 2018. We encourage you to read our Mission and focus statements below.
If your organization would like to be considered for a 2018 grant, please download the Word form below to submit a request. Please send it back as an attachment (details below).
Covenant’s Grants Committee Mission Statement:
It is the calling and purpose of the Grant’s Committee of the Session of Covenant Presbyterian Church to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ by extending God’s love beyond our congregation. Our commitment is to serve the poor, the needy, the weak and the oppressed. The work of this Committee is to send an offering into the community, providing a ministry of money and engagement with God’s children who cry out for help.
In response to God’s Grace, our mission is to participate in holistic partnerships with organizations which provide hope, help, and dignity to those in the severest need.
The following criteria guide our evaluation of grant requests:
- We consider only non-profit 501-3C organizations.
- We prioritize requests based on focus in one of 4 areas: hunger, housing/homelessness, poverty, children at risk.
- We seek evidence that the organizations/agencies we fund use grant monies primarily for programming versus administrative or general operating needs.
- We encourage grant requests in the range of $1,500-$10,000, although we will consider larger requests.
- We seek organizations/agencies that can ensure availability of outreach opportunities for Covenant members (e.g., volunteer, board, and staff).
- We verify that Covenant Presbyterian Church is not the sole source of revenue.
- We request your most recent audited financial statements.
- We encourage agency representatives to speak to the Grants Committee about their initiatives.
- We consider only grant requests that meet all deadlines as published on our website.
Note: For 2018 budget consideration, "Request for Grant" form must be postmarked or received no later than Aug. 4, 2017.
(Please click the icon above to view and complete the form. You may save a file and attach the document in an email to Carla Leaf at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you may turn in a printed copy as directed on the bottom of the form).